Bring your girlfriends together for a My Favorite Outfit (MFO) clothing swap! It’s the perfect excuse to eat, drink, and shop through your friends’ closets. Use our resources below to bring your swap to life, and get inspired by Alex who hosted her own swap.
Invite friends over and ask them to bring clothes they no longer wear to swap them out for someone else's. At the end, you can donate unclaimed clothes to MFO.
Ask your friends for a $20 donation to MFO at the door. $20 goes a long way and helps pay for pop-up boutique materials, including clothing racks and shelves, transportation to the school, shopping bags, and additional programmatic and operational costs.
Email us with any questions and to let us know you're hosting a swap. We'd love to hear how it goes!
WHAT TO DO DURING THE SWAP
- Collect $20 donations at the door.
- Mingle for the first hour, catch up with each other, and enjoy food and drinks.
- Swap time!
- One person at a time will show the other guests the clothes they brought. Anyone can claim the item. If it’s left unclaimed, add it to the donation pile.
- Thank everyone for coming.
WHAT TO DO AFTER THE SWAP
- Feel great about doing something good for others!
- Send donations to My Favorite Outfit.
- Make checks out to My Favorite Outfit, NFP and send to My Favorite Outfit, 858 N Franklin, Unit 304, Chicago IL, 60610.
- OR donate online.
SAMPLE ELECTRONIC INVITATION
We love Paperless Post’s free online invitations. We made the sample one below using their Deckle - Cream Smooth Square design, but you can be as creative as you want!
SAMPLE EMAIL INVITATION
If you’d rather send a more informative invitation (vs. the electronic invite), then use this email as your starting place.
It’s time to clean out your closets and give back to the community! I’m hosting a clothing swap on (insert date) to benefit the nonprofit My Favorite Outfit. Bring clothes you no longer wear to swap them out for someone else’s. I’ll have delicious (insert drinks and food you plan to serve) to get the party started.
Any leftover clothes will be donated to MFO, a cause that’s near and dear to my heart. MFO builds pop-up boutiques in schools to provide underprivileged girls with clothing and confidence, and ultimately help them along the path to graduate from high school.
The event is taking place at (insert date, time, and location). There is a $20 suggested donation at the door. Please let me know if you’re able to attend!